The Best First-Time Credit Cards
For you to choose and get approved for your first credit card is unearth. Although, it is difficult for you to get the best first-time credit card it is also difficult for you to be approved for one especially if you have not gotten any credit card before.
So, here are the best first-time credit cards. Make your choice and enjoy your first credit card because we want the best for you.
Although, there different types of credit card in the market; some have good rewards, demand no interest rate and some needs no credit checks. But if you are picking your first credit card, be mindful of the following features: its rewards, fees and interest rate. Therefore, if you are able to choose wisely using this method I bet you, you will have no regrets.
Discover it, the Overall best
Moreover, this is actually the best first-time credit card. Because with this card, you will pay no APR on purchases and balance transfer for the first 14 months and get 5% cash back reward on purchases. Though, there will be no balance to transfer if this is your first credit card. This credit card gives you a long introductory period for you to enjoy your card and pay no interest rate.
As mentioned earlier, you can get 5% cash back for up to $1,500 on purchase for categories that rotate each quarter. But for other purchases, you can get 1% cash back. In addition to that, all your cash back since you opened the account is matched automatically, at the end of the year by Discover.
Also, you can avoid unauthorized purchases on your credit card when you freeze this card provisionally. Besides, your monthly statements will be accompanied by your FICO score. To enable you to know if you are building a good credit score with your first credit card.
However, you are to register before each quarter to get the 5% cash back reward. If not, you will be given 1% cash back on purchases under the bonus categories.
Features of Discover The Best First-Time Credit Cards
- This credit card demands no annual fee.
- You are to pay no introductory APR on balance transfer and purchase for a period of 14 months.
- It requests no foreign purchase transaction fee.
- This credit card does not offer any signup bonus.
- For balance transfer after the 14 months, you are to pay 3% of the transfer amount that posts to your account by 10th August 2019; then 5% later.
- You are to pay an unsteady current APR of 14.24% to 25.24% after the free period.
- It requires a good minimum credit score.
The Best First-Time Credit Card | Credit Cards
The Best First- Time Credit Card allows you to get a $150 sign-up bonus when you make the purchase of $500, in your first three months of account opening. But, these signs up bonus is given to users who have not gotten any reward in the past 2 years.
Presently, you can receive 5% cash back for up to $1,500 for purchases categories that rotate each quarter and 1% cash back for other purchases.
Features of The Best First-Time Credit Cards
It has no annual fee.
You are to pay no introductory APR on balance transfer and purchases for a period of 15 months.
This credit card demands a foreign purchase transaction fee of 3% of the amount in U.S. dollars.
You will be given a $150 bonus when you make purchases of $500 in your first three months of account opening.
This credit card requires a good credit score.
After the free period, you may pay an APR which is charge at 17.24% to 25.99%, which varies.
A cash advance fee charge at $10 or 5%
And a balance transfer of $5 or 3% of the transfer amount.
Citi Double Cash Card.
This credit card gives you twice your rewards: first, as soon as you make purchases and immediately you clear or pay off your balance. I advise that you build this habit of clearing your balance early especially if you are a beginner, as this is necessary.
This credit card company will waive your first late payment fee. But, you are to pay a late fee of $39 if this continues to repeat itself. While using this credit card, you will be given Citi Price Reward, with which you can receive an automatic price adjustment when the price drops on an article you bought using your credit card in the last 60 days.
Note that, the Citi Double Cash does not give sign up bonus to attract new customers.
The Features of Citi Double Cash.
- There is no no yearly fee.
- Like I said earlier, it has no sign-up bonus.
- It demands no introductory APR for a period of 18 months.
- There is no unsteady APR of 15.74 to 25.74%.
- This credit card requires a foreign purchase transaction fee of 3% of the purchase amount in U.S. dollar.
- It has a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the transfer amount.
- This credit card requires a good credit score.
- You would need to pay a cash advance fee of 5% of the cash advance or $10.
The Best First-Time Credit Cards
Discover it Secured Credit Card.
This is a credit card that permits you to keep safe your credit limit when you make a security deposit. However, you will also be given rewards for other purchases. The reward gotten can be restored for any amount. These rewards can be used automatically at Amazon.com to reduce purchases or pay for complete purchases.
Unfortunately, this credit card has a high 2% cash back rewards that are up to $1,000 per quarter. So, this will reduce your spending and reduce your chances of getting rewards. Discover it Secured Credit Card
Features of Discover it Secured Credit Card.
- There is no sign-up bonus for this credit card.
- Has no foreign purchase transaction fee.
- This credit card has no annual fee.
- You are to pay 3% of the transfer amount that posts to your account on 10 August 2019 and 5% of the
- transfer amount later so, that is the balance transfer fee.
- This credit card has a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount.
- It has an unsteady APR of 25.24%.
- Requires a low credit score.
OpenSky Secured Visa Card.
The OpenSky secured Visa card, accept does having delinquencies on other loans or previously filed bankruptcy. As a matter of fact, you can be approved for this credit card without a credit check, provided you can make a minimum security deposit of $200.
Customers in need of a higher credit limit can get it if they are able to make a security deposit of $3,000 to secure their credit limit for this credit card.
This credit card company reports your account history to the credit bureaus. So, be mindful of that and use it wisely if not, you will not be able to build your credit history let alone being approved for an unsecured credit card.
However, with this credit card, you cannot convert to an unsecured credit card when you make early payments, as you can do with another secured credit card. Also, if you terminate your credit card account, your security deposit will be sent to you within six weeks.
Features of OpenSky Secured Visa Card.
This credit card offers no sign-up bonus.
It has a cash advance fee of $6 or 5% of the cash advance amount.
You are to pay a foreign purchase transaction fee of 3% of the purchase amount in U.S. dollars.
This credit card comes with no sign-up bonus.
It has no balance transfer fee.
With this credit card, you will enjoy free introductory APR.
Above all, it has no minimum credit requirement.
Capital One QuickSilverOne Credit Card.
This is a credit card that pays a flat 1.5% cash back for all purchases. These cash back rewards do not expire and can be restored whenever you wish to do so. This card is a good option if you choose not to continue rotating categories and you are not sure if you will remember to register or activate the bonus rewards.
Using your credit card wisely is necessary because Capital One will reward you; by considering you for an increased credit limit due to the fact that you make an early payment, especially when you make your first five months payment early.
Features of Capital One QuickSilverOne Credit Card.
- This credit card demands no balance transfer fee.
- This offers no signup bonus.
- There no introductory APR.
- You will an annual fee of $39.
- It has no foreign purchase transaction fee.
- This credit card requires a good credit score.
- This credit card has a cash advance fee of $10 or 3% of the cash advance amount.
- It requires a good credit score.
Capital One Secured
The Capital One Secured credit card is a card that gives a card even though your last loan payment or debt collection makes it hard for you to be approved for a card. This credit card is a secured credit card and as such you are to pay a deposit to secure your accounts credit limit.
Besides, with the Capital One Secured MasterCard, you can make a minimum security deposit of $49, $99 or $200 for a $200 credit limit, based on your credit score.
This card also considers you for an automatic increase in credit limit, when you make your first five months payments early without a required deposit.
Sadly, this credit card comes with a high APR, that increases the cost of having an unresolved balance instead of making full payment.
Features of Capital One Secured Credit Card.
- To offers no signup bonus.
- It has no cash advance and balance transfers fee.
- This credit card has no foreign purchase transaction fee.
- It is a credit card that has no introductory APR
- With this card, you are to pay no annual fee.
- But later, you are to pay an APR of 29.99% variable.
- It accepts those with a poor credit limit.